February 5, 2016
RIDING INTO SOME FAME
LI Soccer Player Hall to induct ex-Riders Savarese, Riley, Rooney, Cadet, Anderson, Mueller, plus Egan
The Long Island Soccer Player Hall of Fame will induct seven players, six from the 1995 Long Island Rough Riders championship team, into its Hall of Fame at the Huntington Hilton on Saturday, March 5 at 8 p.m.
|Paul Riley was captain of the 1995 Long Island Rough Riders championship team.
Linda Cuttone/Sports Vue Images
The inductees are:
* Cosmos coach Giovani Savarese
* Albertson Academy technical director Paul Riley
* Jacksonville Armada assistant coach Jim Rooney
* Albertson Academy coach and Wheatley High School leadership coach Steve Cadet
* Columbia University men's soccer coach Kevin Anderson
* Player and entrepreneur Danny Mueller
* And Danielle (Egan) Reyna, who starred for the West Babylon Soccer Club and at the University of North Carolina
"We are so proud this year to honor some amazing players that have come from Long Island and made a huge impression here on Long Island, but also in the soccer community around the world," Hall founder Kevin L. McCrudden said. "We are delighted to announce that we will be honoring the 1995 Long Island Rough Riders national championship team and inducting some players from that amazing team."